Thursday, June 26, 2008

Dasavatharam


I saw the much hyped Dasavatharam yesterday. I got a free ticket for the night show. I didnot go with much interest. But watching the movie turned out to be an interesting experience. I have never appreciated that such a wonderfulful story teller resided in Kamalhasan. I have seen his previous movies where he had taken a major part in story and screenplay (eg. Virumaandi). Here he is simply terrific. The story telling is so smooth with small twist and turns (though you can guess them before hand), its like reading a Sidney Sheldon or Irving wallace or Dan Brown. You also have small seemingly insignificant jigsaw pieces which fall into the slot correctly at the end (eg. the significance of the scene where an entire local community is locked up in the mosque for inquiry). I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. The only black mark i could see was the overdone makeup for some characters. You feel them like puppets moving with real people. The best done part is that of Naidu. Hats off to kamalhasan for the efforts he has put on. He must reap the fruit.

No comments: